These tender Asian Glazed Turkey Meatballs are all the time a success with our household! Coated in essentially the most scrumptious sticky candy sauce and simply made in lower than half-hour!
Elevate your hand when you love meatballs! I hope all fingers are lifted excessive as a result of these Asian Glazed Turkey Meatballs are a HUGE winner in our home! Tender, flavorful meatballs all smothered in essentially the most scrumptious candy and savory sauce, critically so finger-licking GOOD. Not solely is that this sauce scrumptious tossed with the meatballs, however it tastes superb drizzled over brown rice and veggies too! Excellent for meal prep as leftovers style even higher the subsequent day!
This whole meal could be made in beneath half-hour and is a recipe I promise the entire household will love. And sure, whereas these turkey meatballs make for a scrumptious dinner, additionally they make a bangin’ good appetizer for events or gatherings! This recipe makes about 25 to 26 meatballs so in order for you extra, you’ll positively wish to double this recipe. Belief me, these meatballs will go fast so I all the time double if serving at a celebration! They’re additionally freezer-friendly too, so why not make additional?!
Elements You’ll Want
- Floor turkey – I used lean floor turkey for these meatballs, however you might additionally make them utilizing floor rooster, floor beef or floor pork
- Breadcrumbs – I used complete wheat Panko breadcrumbs to assist the meatballs to maintain their spherical form, however be at liberty use gluten-free breadcrumbs, if wanted
- Egg – acts as a binder to carry all of the elements collectively
- Soy sauce – I all the time use low-sodium soy sauce as I discover that common soy sauce could make dishes too salty. You could possibly additionally swap the soy sauce with tamari or coconut aminos to make this gluten-free.
- Honey – not solely does this add some sweetness to the sauce with out utilizing refined sugars, however it additionally makes a pleasant sticky candy glaze! You could possibly additionally swap the honey with maple syrup when you don’t have honey readily available.
- Beef broth – provides extra depth of taste within the sauce, however when you don’t have beef broth readily available you might simply use water
- Sesame oil – provides that scrumptious Asian taste to the sauce!
- Ginger – contemporary grated ginger is certainly finest on this dish and also you’ll be including it to each the meatballs and the sauce. If all you’ve got is floor ginger, I’ve included the substitutions within the recipe under
- Garlic – provides a taste increase to the meatballs and sauce, contemporary minced garlic is all the time finest!
- Inexperienced onions – I really like the flavour of inexperienced onions with
- Seasonings – mixture of crushed purple chili flakes, salt and pepper
The way to Make Asian Meatballs
- Make the meatballs. In a big bowl, combine collectively floor turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and inexperienced onions till all mixed. Utilizing a small cookie scoop (I exploit this 1.2 tablespoon size scoop), make 1-inch sized balls and place on a ready baking sheet (it is best to get about 25 to 26 meatballs).
- Bake! Pop the meatballs within the oven at 400 levels F and bake for about 13 to fifteen minutes, till frivolously browned and cooked via.
- Make the sauce. Whereas the meatballs are baking within the oven, mix soy sauce, honey, beef broth, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a small saucepan on the range and convey to a boil. Cut back the warmth and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken up. In case you really feel like your sauce is simply too skinny, be at liberty to combine a half tablespoon of cornstarch with a half tablespoon of water in a small bowl and pour that into the sauce to thicken it up much more.
- Serve. As soon as meatballs are completed baking, switch them to a big bowl (or you might preserve them on the pan) and coat them with the sticky sauce. Serve over fluffy brown rice and high with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds. This sauce additionally tastes superb drizzled over veggies!
Can I Make These in a Skillet?
Sure in fact! I discover that baking meatballs is simply simpler with much less cooking required, however pan frying these meatballs would style superb! All you’ll want is a few tablepoon or two of oil to coat the pan then add the meatballs and switch them repeatedly in order that they get browned on all sides and are cooked via, about 12 minutes.
The way to Serve Asian Meatballs
I personally assume these meatballs style finest served over fluffy brown rice with slightly additional sauce drizzled on high together with a aspect of veggies! It jogs my memory of my favourite take-out order that I can simply make myself at house. Take a look at my put up on methods to make perfect brown rice proper in your On the spot Pot each single time!
This sticky Asian sauce not solely tastes superb on these meatballs, however you might additionally use this sauce on rooster or steak as a marinade, in stir fries, on high of burgers or kabobs, drizzled over veggies, and even on crock pot meatballs.
Prepping and Storing
These meatballs can simply be prepped forward of time and saved within the fridge tightly coated for two or 3 days earlier than baking. Then while you’re able to bake, pop them within the oven and make the sauce on the range as directed. You may also simply prep the sauce forward of time too! Simply reheat in a saucepan proper earlier than tossing with the meatballs.
In case you’re planning on storing these meatballs for later, allow them to cool utterly then retailer then in a sealed, hermetic container in your fridge for as much as 3 to 4 days. These meatballs are freezer-friendly too and can final for as much as 3 to 4 months frozen. To reheat, merely thaw the meatballs out within the fridge and place them in a skillet on low warmth, stirring usually, till warmed via. You could possibly additionally reheat them within the microwave for 1 to 2 minutes.
The sauce itself will last as long as two weeks in your fridge or you might freeze the sauce individually for as much as 3 months in a sealed, hermetic container.
Extra Asian Impressed Recipes You’ll Love
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cook dinner Time: 15 minutes
- Whole Time: 25 minutes
For the meatballs:
- 1 lb floor turkey (you might additionally use floor rooster, pork or beef)
- 1/3 cup complete wheat panko breadcrumbs
- 1 egg
- 1 Tbsp low-sodium soy sauce
- 1 tsp contemporary grated ginger (or 1/4 tsp floor ginger)
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 inexperienced onions, sliced
- Garnish: additional inexperienced onions and sesame seeds
For the sauce:
- 1/2 cup low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/3 cup beef broth (or water)
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp contemporary grated ginger (or 1/2 tsp floor ginger)
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1/4 to 1/2 tsp crushed purple chili flakes (optionally available relying when you like slightly warmth)
To thicken sauce much more (optionally available):
- 1/2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1/2 Tbsp water
- Preheat oven to 400 levels F.
- In a big bowl, combine collectively floor turkey, breadcrumbs, egg, soy sauce, ginger, garlic and inexperienced onions till all mixed. Utilizing a small cookie scoop, make 1-inch sized balls and place on a ready baking sheet (it is best to get about 25-26 meatballs).
- Pop the meatballs within the oven and bake for about 13 to fifteen minutes, till frivolously browned and cooked via.
- Whereas the meatballs are baking within the oven, mix soy sauce, honey, beef broth, sesame oil, garlic, ginger, and pepper in a small saucepan on the range and convey to a boil. Cut back the warmth and let the sauce simmer for about 5 minutes to thicken up.
- In case you really feel like your sauce is simply too skinny, combine 1/2 tablespoon of cornstarch with 1/2 tablespoon of water in a small bowl to make a slurry and pour that into the sauce to thicken it up much more. Combine in 1/4 tsp to 1/2 tsp crushed purple chili flakes (relying on how a lot warmth you want) and switch off the warmth.
- As soon as the meatballs are completed baking, switch them to a big bowl (or you might preserve them on the identical pan) and coat them completely with the sticky sauce.
- Spoon meatballs over fluffy brown rice, drizzling with additional sauce, and high with inexperienced onions and sesame seeds. Take pleasure in!
*Leftovers will final 3 to 4 days within the fridge or will freeze for 3 to 4 months.
- Serving Dimension: 4 meatballs
- Energy: 216
- Sugar: 12.5 g
- Sodium: 916.5 mg
- Fats: 7.6 g
- Saturated Fats: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 19.7 g
- Fiber: 1 g
- Protein: 18 g
* Please word that each one diet data are simply estimates. Values will range amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.