Easy and delicious Healthy Greek Salad made with fresh tomatoes, crisp cucumbers, red onion, bell pepper, kalamata olives and feta cheese all tossed with a bright lemon vinaigrette!
We all have those salads we make on repeat and this healthy Greek salad is definitely one of them. This salad is crisp, refreshing and has always been my go-to for lunches, especially in the hot summer months. There’s just something so delicious about this combo of crunchy veggies, juicy tomatoes, creamy feta cheese and a bright lemony Greek dressing! Not only is this salad simple to make, but it’s always a crowdpleaser and makes such a great summer side dish.
Now you won’t find any lettuce in this salad because it’s just not needed with all these delicious, crisp veggies! You can of course throw some lettuce in to bulk up this salad and I do think that chopped romaine lettuce adds a nice crunch along with some added leafy greens. You could also add in some chopped avocado for added creaminess, a protein like chickpeas or chicken, and you could even throw in some pepperoncini peppers for a little zing.
Ingredients You’ll Need
- Tomatoes – I like to use grape (or cherry) tomatoes in this salad because they aren’t as watery as larger tomatoes tend to be when you slice them
- Cucumbers – I used mini cucumbers as they tend to be less watery and more crunchy than larger cucumbers, English cucumbers work great too
- Red onion – cut into thin slices
- Bell pepper – a crisp green bell pepper is the perfect addition to this salad, but any color bell pepper will do!
- Kalamata olives – I use pitted olives which you can leave whole or slice them
- Feta cheese – I sliced the feta cheese into 1/2-inch cubes, but you could crumble it over the salad as well
- Seasoning – I used a combination of dried oregano and dried basil
- Greek salad dressing – one of my favorite salad dressings EVER! See the recipe below.
Homemade Greek Salad Dressing
Every salad needs a good dressing and I think you all will really love this one! Greek salad dressings are typically made using a mixture of olive oil, red wine vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard and oregano, but I also added in some fresh lemon juice and basil to really brighten up those flavors. Simple, delicious and one I think you should always have on hand in the fridge!
To make this dressing, simply whisk together (or shake!) all the ingredients in a bowl or mason jar…and that’s it! Then just store the dressing in a sealed airtight container in the fridge until you are ready to use. This dressing will last up to 5 days in the fridge, but definitely tastes best as fresh as possible. I also like to make my dressing a few hours ahead of time before serving so that those flavors can really marinate!
How to Serve Greek Salad
The great thing about this salad is it can be served as a whole meal or enjoyed as a delicious side dish! Here are some of my favorite ways to serve up this salad:
- Mix in a protein such as chicken or even chickpeas (you can even marinate the chicken in the Greek dressing!)
- Serve alongside my Greek chicken kabobs
- Make it creamy with some chopped avocado
- Throw this salad in a wrap or gyro and drizzle with some tzatziki sauce
- Perfect side dish to pizza, soups or sandwiches
More Salads You’ll Love
Hope you all enjoy this Healthy Greek Salad and if you love this recipe as much as we do, please leave me a five-star rating below and don’t forget to tag me on Instagram using the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I love seeing all your delicious recreations!
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
For the salad:
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 English cucumber, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1/2 cup red onion, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1/2 cup feta cheese, chopped into cubes or crumbled
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a medium bowl or jar, whisk together all ingredients for the dressing until smooth and creamy. Store in the fridge until ready to toss with the salad.
- Chop all the veggies, making sure everything is roughly the same size, and toss together in a large bowl.
- Just before serving, drizzle the dressing over the salad and gently toss to coat. Season with additional herbs or cracked black pepper, if desired.
- Serving Size: 1/4th of salad
- Calories: 230
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 487.9 mg
- Fat: 19.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 4.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 11.6 g
- Fiber: 2.1 g
- Protein: 4.1 g
* Please note that all nutrition information are just estimates. Values will vary among brands, so we encourage you to calculate these on your own for most accurate results.