Essentially the most scrumptious home made Greek Salad Dressing made with easy pantry substances that tastes excellent over salads, veggies, used as a marinade, pasta salads and extra!
I like making home made dressings and this Greek salad dressing is actually one which by no means fails me! Easy to throw collectively and made with substances most likely already sitting in your pantry, it’s the right dressing to throw on salads, drizzle over veggies or you’ll be able to even use it to marinate rooster, fish or shrimp! No have to buy store-bought salad dressing when it’s actually this straightforward to make your personal.
Greek salads are one in all my favorites to make through the week so having this dressing readily available in my fridge is at all times a should. Greek salad dressings are usually made utilizing a combination of olive oil, pink wine vinegar, garlic, Dijon mustard and oregano, however I additionally added in some recent lemon juice and basil to actually brighten up these flavors.
Elements You’ll Want
This straightforward Greek salad dressing requires only a few easy substances that you simply most likely have already got at residence in your pantry or fridge! Right here’s what you’ll want:
- Olive oil – I like to make use of a superb olive oil that doesn’t should be costly, simply ensure that it’s cold-pressed and natural for essentially the most taste (in my view)
- Pink wine vinegar – this provides a pleasant tangy taste that goes excellent with the olive oil and lemon juice
- Lemon – I simply love the brilliant, recent taste lemon juice brings to this dressing. Be happy so as to add a bit of little bit of the zest too for much more lemon taste!
- Dijon mustard – this provides a bit of zip and helps to emulsify the dressing
- Garlic – I like to make use of recent garlic in my salad dressings, however a 1/4 teaspoon of dried minced garlic or garlic powder will work if that’s all you’ve gotten readily available
- Seasonings – a mixture of dried oregano, dried basil, salt and pepper
The best way to Make Greek Salad Dressing
Making home made dressings and vinaigrettes are actually SO dang straightforward and takes lower than 5 minutes! Merely whisk collectively (or shake!) all of the substances in a bowl or jar…and that’s it! Then simply retailer the dressing in a sealed hermetic container within the fridge till you might be prepared to make use of. This dressing will last as long as 5 days within the fridge, however positively tastes finest as recent as attainable. I additionally wish to make my dressing just a few hours forward of time earlier than serving in order that these flavors can actually marinate!
I personally wish to retailer my dressings in mason jars as a result of they’ve a pleasant tight seal, they’re straightforward to take on-the-go, and you’ll simply add all of your substances and provides the jar a superb shake!
Methods to Use This Dressing
- Dressing for salads or wraps
- Drizzle over tomatoes, cucumbers and different veggies
- Marinate rooster, shrimp or fish
- Brush over these Greek chicken kabobs
- Add it to quinoa or different grain bowls
- Toss with chickpeas
Extra Dressings You’ll Love
Hope you all take pleasure in my favourite Greek Salad Dressing and for those who love this recipe as a lot as we do, please depart me a five-star score under and don’t neglect to tag me on Instagram utilizing the hashtag #eatyourselfskinny! I like seeing all of your scrumptious recreations!
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Whole Time: 5 minutes
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 3 Tbsp pink wine vinegar
- 2 Tbsp recent lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- In a medium bowl or jar, whisk collectively all substances till easy and creamy. Serve instantly or retailer in an hermetic container within the fridge till able to serve.
*This dressing will final within the fridge for as much as 5 days in a sealed hermetic container.
- Serving Dimension: 2 Tbsp
- Energy: 132
- Sugar: 0.3 g
- Sodium: 231 mg
- Fats: 13.5 g
- Saturated Fats: 2 g
- Carbohydrates: 1.7 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 0.2 g
* Please notice that each one vitamin info are simply estimates. Values will range amongst manufacturers, so we encourage you to calculate these by yourself for many correct outcomes.